Movie Mondays!




A lot better than I expected! A solid cast, Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman, do a stellar job in this singular take on the superhero. Hancock (Smith), a man without a past, is what might be considered a marginal superhero at best. A disgruntled loner with a drinking problem, Hancock more often than not makes matters worse when he uses his powers causing more damage and harm than if he remained uninvolved. A chance meeting with a PR flak puts him on the path to redeeming his image but is the meeting truly a matter of chance or of fate? Peter Berg ably directs this piece that received some script doctoring from Vince Gilligan of X-Files and Breaking Bad fame. Worth catching though not necessarily something for the kiddies.
I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment